Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stephansdom





Sorry that some are crooked... i don't know how to rotate them! And my camera died soon after this moment so I don't have any more right now...

Dead bones, dead bones, DEAD bones…
• The most interesting thing I saw yesterday was seeing the thousands of bones under the church where the people used to be buried. One room is called the bone room, where the “common folk” were buried, and when the room became full of bodies, people were ordered to go inside and clean the bones and stack them on top of each other in order to make room for more people to be buried there. It was fascinating. I didn’t really know what to think when I saw 9,000 dead people’s bones all stacked up in a small room under a church. And these bones have been there since the 15th century!! WOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment