Sunday, May 17, 2009

In New York waiting to leave the country!

Wednesday May 14, 2009
I am currently sitting in the John F Kennedy International airport in New York. I will post this sometime when I arrive in Vienna. I had a 4 hour and 47 minute flight that left this morning early from home, and now I have a few hours to sit in the airport and watch people as I wait for my flight to take off. As I was downstairs going through security, several international people from all over the world surrounded me. I began to feel anxious, and became worried that my belongings could be stolen at anytime. However, I did not allow the nerves to take over and I made it through quickly and safely. Now here I sit and wait and anticipate that the nerves will rise again once I arrive to customs. This morning, getting on my flight was also very hectic, but that was more because of a lack of sleep. I don’t think I really could make it through an entire day on three hours of sleep. Thank goodness I was able to sleep while I was on the plane coming here. I also will have to sleep on the way to Austria because when I arrive there after a 9 hour flight, it will be 9 am Friday.

I am currently sitting at the gate for Turkish Airlines, and last night I talked to a friend who was in Vienna Fall of 2008. She said that in Vienna, there are a lot of people from Turkey, Pakistan, and places in Africa. It will definitely be an amazing experience to learn about so many different cultures while I am abroad. One other quick thing, I was walking behind a couple, and besides the European look, I think I heard them speaking Italian, which got me really excited to travel to Italy while I am in Europe as well. It will definitely be a life changing adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment