Monday, May 25, 2009

Saturday - a beautiful day!





Saturday morning, I went with a group of students, and our professor to this awesome Medieval Castle, called Kreuzenstein. It was a 40 minute hike up to the top, through luscious green trees and plants, after a 30 minute train ride on the S-bahn out of the city. We took a tour of the castle (it was all in German so I didn’t understand very much), but I saw awesome medieval armor. There was so much of it too. I kind of felt like I had walked onto a movie set, and I imagined soldiers in their heavy metal armor walking around to guard the castle. It was a pretty neat experience!
Saturday night, Danny and Shelly (the group facilitator and his wife) took a few of us to a place called Schnitzlwirt, a place that they both came all the time while they were here on their missions, and where you can get huge Wienerschnitzl, which is a big slab of meat thinned out and breaded, a Wien specialty. Anne and I shared this schnitzl, which has ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, spices, and cheese on top, with some kind of gravy and potatoes with it. HOLY COW!!! It was so super tasty!!! Russell, I will definitely be taking you there when you come!!! I was so glad that I had gone running Saturday morning, and done all of that walking! Anyway, it was totally a very Wienerish meal that we ate!

*the middle two pictures are from Friday at Schönbruhn Palace.)

No comments:

Post a Comment