Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feiertag!

21. 05. 2009
Today is a Holiday! It is called Himmelfahrtstag or Ascension Day, the day Jesus ascended in to heaven after He was on the earth with the apostles for 40 days after He was resurrected. Therefore, we had no school today! So, we went swimming at this place called Gänsehäufel, that apparently all of Vienna goes to on warm days with no school or work. It has a wave pool, a pool with a slide, a pool for little children with water toys, and of course the Danube River, which is actually where the river used to go through, and is now a lake. There are tons of people sunbathing and playing in the water, and the weather today was great! It is interesting because here in Europe, people don’t really care about what other people think because here the idea is to wear as little clothing as possible, so all of us BYU students in one-piece swimming suits stuck out like a sore thumb. Luckily, there weren’t very many completely undressed people, so I was not scarred too badly today. ☺ I was able to finally get some sun, and hopefully by the time I come back to the states, I will not be as super white as I was when I left. Oh, and today I ate my first frankfurter with mustard in bread similar to a hot dog. Es schmeckt gut!

No comments:

Post a Comment