Tuesday, July 14, 2009

MOVING DAY!!!


Saturday was an adventurous day!! My host ‘mom’ will be getting married in a week and a half, and she is moving to the Netherlands, so she has been packing up nine years worth of stuff pretty much the entire time I have been here, and Saturday was MOVING DAY! Her fiancé drove the moving truck form Holland here, and all day Saturday with tons of help from people in our BYU group, and from the missionaries, and we carried tons of boxes down two flights of stairs for 5 hours. By the end of that time, the moving truck was pretty much stuffed to the max; however, there was still tons of stuff throughout the house. So poor Alex hardly has slept in the past week, even after the moving truck left early Sunday morning, and she has spent every moment trying to get the house cleaned up and cleared out. She did it!!! Her flight to Holland left today at 6p.m. and she and her two kids, Marie-Louise (9) and Isaac (6) will be in Holland until she is married on July 22nd, and then she will come back to Vienna with her whole family, (husband and his one-year-old son, Alias, whose mom died over a year ago) and on July 25th there will be a reception here in Vienna. Then, she will go back to Holland and start her new life with three children, and her husband Eric!
So, the house is basically empty, except for our room, which now only has mattresses, a closet and a desk, and the kitchen stuff is still here. Danny and Shelly are also still here, so Anne and I are not completely alone. It will be a quiet next few weeks here, and that will be interesting, because this apartment has always been full of people, ever since I got here, friends have been coming and going. Alex’s sister will still be here until Saturday, and then she will fly to Holland for the wedding.

I ended up writing more than I expected to at first, but I am glad that I wrote all that because there is lots going on in the life of Hillary, and it is fun to write it all down and be able to reflect on the past week and see that I really have done a ton! I love being here in Vienna, and I know that I will be sad when the time comes that I have to leave this place. However, I also miss my family a ton so I am also really excited for that day when I get back on the airplane and fly back home to the USA! It is hard to describe this experience that I am having here. I love it, and most importantly, I have learned so many lessons that I will carry with me throughout the rest of my life! I have so much still to learn, but right now at this point, I am happy to be where I am, and to be learning new things every day!

P.S. This picture was taken quite a few weeks ago, but it is a good portion of our group so I wanted to post it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment