Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's a Small World After All...


Sunday July 5th
So earlier I said that it really is a small world, and every day it just keeps getting smaller!! Today, Sunday, I was at church sitting in Sunday school, and at the front of the room is a window, and all of a sudden there were people walking across, a big group of teenager age boys and girls in Sunday clothing, and they looked like they could be from America. So, one girl walked past, and I thought to myself, that looks like a girl that I know… So I slipped out of class and walked out the back door to find a group of about thirty high school-age students and I walked up to the girl that I thought I know and said her name “Jenica”. Sure enough it was her! She was my next door neighbor in the Elms this past year at BYU. I asked them why they were staying in Vienna, and she told me that she was a chaperone with her sister’s high school choir. They are from Mesa, Arizona and have been traveling around Austria for ten days performing and they are going home tomorrow morning. They were at our church building to sing a song in sacrament meeting. WOW!! The Lord is amazing!! How did he do that?
It gets even better because that night they had a performance in the Votiv’s Kirche, so a few friends and I went to watch it, and as we sat down, I saw another face that looked familiar, but this time she was in the audience. But I wasn’t completely sure, so I waited until after the performance, and sure enough, it was another girl that I know from BYU. Her name is Morgan, and it turns out that her sister is in the same choir, and she had just come with her mom to meet up with her sister, and she was leaving in the morning for London, so I got to see her right before she left. Morgan lived in the apartment that I lived in last summer in the Elms. She lived there in the spring, but I cam a few days early and met her, and so I met her through my roommates of my summer ward, who had been her roommates in the spring. (I hope this makes some sense, and if not, sorry, it was just a great experience for me!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment