Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Czech Republic





I was in the Czech Republic on Friday!!! Heather, McKay, and I took the first train at 6 a.m. Friday morning, which was about four and a half hours, and we basically just ran around the city for seven hours, and saw some cool looking buildings an dchurches, then Heather and I got back on the train at 6 p.m. and came back to Vienna! It was pretty crazy because the Czech language is COMPLETELY different than German, or English, or even Spanish! So we had an adventure trying to figure out what we were reading! It was pretty neat though, because the Czech Republic is next to two German speaking countries, there were also tons of things written in German, so I felt like my German was helpful!
We climbed a ton of stairs to get up to the Czech Palace, which I think is the largest palace in Europe, and when we got to the top, there was a gorgeous view of the city of Prague. It was beautiful!!! Sorry, but pictures will never do it justice, you should just go there to experience it!! It was fun running around the city for a few hours, and although I did not see the inside of a lot of places, I think we still saw a ton of really neat buildings!

No comments:

Post a Comment