Tuesday, June 30, 2009



Two cool coincidences:
When we were in Florence, we saw the same man that we had sat across from on the Train form Rome to Florence the day before. He works for the Italian TV station and was filming something in the area that we were in. I went up to him and said hi and he immediately recognized us – that was pretty fun! ( the man on the right side of this picture is the man that we met!)

Second thing – about two weeks ago, I was on the U-bahn going home from somewhere, and these people got on the tram and sat down next to me and they were speaking English. I could tell that they were form America, and I really wanted to talk to them, just because it was like a piece of home. (When you are in a foreign country for a long time, everyone who is from the USA becomes an immediate friend – almost like how whenever we meet someone who is a member of the church, you can immediately talk to them.) Anyway, so finally, I opened my mouth and said something like, ‘are from the states?’ They were form Indiana, and we talked for the next ten minutes, until they got off. So, when we were in Florence, Kari, Heather, and I were looking for McKay, (we had been separated for a few hours) and randomly in the same square that we had seen the Italian TV man, I saw the same guys that I had seen on the U-bahn in Vienna!! Holy COW!! What a coincidence!! The world really is pretty small! That experience taught me to open my mouth, because you never know when you are going to meet those people again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment