Monday, June 8, 2009

Final thoughts from Sunday

Today was fast and testimony meeting at church, and I was so amazed at how much German I could understand! My ‘guest mother’ gave the lesson in Relief Society and the topic was “Glauben” that means Faith auf deutsch. I thought to myself, how did they know that I needed this lesson today??? Of course Heavenly Father knows that I needed this lesson, and through the Holy Ghost I was able to hear lots of things that I needed to hear today. It is faith and not fear that helps us get through trials. Faith without works is dead. Be of good cheer and do not fear for I the Lord am with you and will stand by you. All of these things were talked about today, and are so important for me to learn and to understand. At the end of the meeting, five minutes were given for sisters to bear testimony, and it was so great to hear the sisters testify of the love that our Savior has for us (auf deutsch) And also in sacrament meeting, I could understand many of the testimonies that were given, and my testimony was strengthened of how blessed I am in this life. I am so amazed at the greatness of our Savior Jesus Christ. He lives, and He knows us individually and He loves us so much! My German is getting better every day and I know I am here for a reason, and I am so excited to continue to learn!

Here are a couple church vocabulary words:
Zeugnis- testimony
Erlöser- Redeemer
Glauben- Faith
Gebot- commandments
Ewigkeit- eternity
Taufe- baptism
Umkehren- to repent
Die Kirche Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tage- … (take a guess)

2 comments:

  1. Ausgezeichnet! Ich freue mich, dass Du ein gute Erlebniss in Wien haben canst. Sehr Gut!
    Keep up the good work, my little Faulein.(I don't know how to make an umlaut on the keyboard. I know there is a way.) I went o Disneyland for a few hours today with Deine Mutter. Das war Spass!

    Deine Fruendin und Schwester im Evangelium,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Du hast ja viel gemacht. Das freut mich fuer dich. Ich hoffe, dass alles noch gut geht. Das Essen sieht wunderbar aus. Ich kann naum warten bis wir zusammen ein Wienerschnitzel essen. Die Pizza sieht auch lecker aus. Es ist toll, dass du mehr deutsch verstehen kannst. Mach's weiter. Ich habe gerade gehoert, dass die ehemalige Sister Wambacher, aka Barbara wird heiraten. Ich glaube ihr zukunftiger Mann kommt aus der gleichen Gemeinde wie Johannes Handler. Also, alles bei mir laeuft gut. Ich wollte gestern auf ein Date gehen, aber die Frau die ich eingeladen habe, konnte nicht gehen, da die Freundin von ihr, zum Emergency Room gehen musste. Echt schade. Sie musste operiert werden. Ich denke es geht ihr jetzt besser, war aber bestimmt eine schreckliche Erfahrung. Viel spass weiterhin in Wien! Meld' dich mal!
    Alles Liebe,
    Russell

    ReplyDelete