Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fun!!

swimming in the donau… we’ve gone swimming lots of times… P.S. I jumped off a bridge in to the river on August 1st!! Kylen and Phil jumped first, then I said to myself, hey this would be a fun last thing to do as a 19 year old! So, they said that they were going to jump again because it was so much fun, and I ran up there with them. As we were about to climb over the bridge, Danny, who was taking pictures said that he had to do it too, so all four of us jumped together. Of course I screamed, and lost control of my body, so I didn’t go straight in. Instead, I landed on my behind, and wow that hurt real bad! But, it was still fun! A great last thing to do as a 19 year old. I found a few bruises on my thigh a few days later, and they are still visible, and I am still a bit sore on my back side, but, I am so glad that I faced that fear. It was really funny because I didn’t allow myself to feel fearful, like I normally allow myself. It was kind of a neat experience because I kind was able to control my level of fear. That might sound pretty weird, but it was a great experience for me. This year I am really going to try to work on overcoming some of my great fears that I have.
There was a crazy storm on the way to mckay’s house …flooding in the streets. Broken window in our apartment because of the strong winds
Saturday, July 25th… Alex’s hochzeit party (wedding reception). She got married in Holland on Wednesday then came back for a reception on Saturday at the ward house. We had to me moved out of our apartment by the 31st of July. It has been crazy pretty much the last few weeks as the apartment has been getting cleared out. Anne and I were worried because we didn’t know where we would be moving to, and it was during finals and such…
Sunday feeling at home in this ward, I really love my ward. The people are so kind, and really my favorite part is hearing the gospel in German!
Making pizza with heather, leah, kari, megan on Sundays we started having dinner together!

No comments:

Post a Comment