Wednesday, August 19, 2009

20 years old

My birthday was on Sunday, our last Sunday as a BYU group in Vienna. It was a really great day! I was in Primary instead of relief society because a lady asked Anne and I if we could help her sing Families can be together forever, and I love to see the temple (auf deutsch of course) for the kids. There are only about six kids in the entire Primary. It was really cute listening to the lesson about the temple, and to see how much those kids already know about the gospel. I am so grateful for Primary and that we have been learning the gospel since we were very young! It was really great to be at church worshiping the lord on my birthday. Fast and testimony meeting was also really amazing! It is so wonderful to feel the spirit even in another language. I had the opportunity to bear my testimony again in German.

After church, Anne and I went back to the bishop’s and had lunch with the family, Poppyseed, and Berry Knödel. It was realy yummy! Oh, and before we went to church, the family all sang happy birthday to me. It was a wonderful day! Later that night, I went back over to Heather’s house to make dinner together, and also to make the box cake that my mom had sent me. However, the oven was not working, so we made up the batter, and then cooked it like pancakes, well sort of. As we finished making dinner, I was all of a sudden blindfolded, and for the next thirty minutes, blindly lead by Kari, Heather, Megan, and Leah to four different u-bahn stations, I had no idea where we were going, and finally I was unblindfolded at Schönbrunn Palace!! We had a picnic in front of the palace! It was magical! I had a great birthday!!! It was really wonderful, and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people. Thank you for all of your birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment