Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I am back!!

I am home now!!! I got back to California on Wednesday evening, August 25th, and then on Thursday afternoon, after unpacking, washing all of my clothes, and repacking, we packed the car and drove back to Provo, Utah. So I was at home for a total of 20 hours!!! But all of my clothes were finally clean, and dry from a dryer machine!
We arrived in Provo at 3:30 a.m. ... it took us a while to get on the road, but because we had five drivers in the car, we were able to keep switching. I was able to drive the last hour and a half probably because my body thought it was 1 p.m. (Europe time) instead of the middle of the night. When we arrived at Aunt Melissa's, the one time they locked all of their doors, and were asleep is when we arrive in the middle of the night. Oh well, we just called and called until Aunt Melissa woke up and let us in. I quickly crawled in bed with Ellen, who had been in Utah for a month. It was so exciting to finally see Ellen!!! We left Downey quickly so that we could be with Ellen, and our entire family was reunited again!!!

I moved into my apartment on Thursday, but stayed with my family until they left on Friday afternoon to drive home and make it to a wedding on Saturday morning. So now i live in the FLSR (Foreign Language Student Residency) which is on-campusing housing for students who want to live in an apartment where the rules include only speaking the language of the 'house' you belong to. I live in the German house, so in my apartment I normally only speak German! It is really a great experience!! I have four roommates taht are awesome! And they all help me with my German skills that are still lacking. There are 9 different languages total in our complex. German, Spanish, Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, and Portuguese. I really enjoy living here not only because I still get to speak German all the time, but because the people here are super nice and they all have had many world experiences!
Viel Spass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment